Monday, July 6, 2009

HOW TO BECOME A SUCCESSFUL PERSON

Dealing Constructively with Problems

Every problem is an opportunity! Problems are mountains and needs in someone’s life. They should be approached with a positive rather than a negative attitude. You should even expect and welcome them. Most people try to avoid problems because they want life to be easy. They want the result of success without the price. To handle problems wisely you must put them into the right perspective, lists alternative solutions and attacks them aggressively.

WHAT’S WRONG WITH OUR TEACHING IN FAITH
Most Christian say; I know how to deal with problems Bernard; I just pray and believe that God is going to help me. Listen closely friends; even though that sounds good it is not complete. You will end up disappointed if you don’t learn to take positive action. I believe in faith, but we must tie faith with motivation for action!
I like to quote St. Augustine who said: "Pray like it all depends on God and work like it all depends on you." So, we can’t sit there and pray and pray and pray, and say God, why don’t you help me? It’s like the joke about the man who has been notified that his house is going to be flooded and he needs to get out of the house. He says no I don’t have to; God is going to take care of me. Then the flood starts to rise and a sheriff comes along and tells him to get out. The man says no, God is going to save me. So, the floods continue to rise, and he climbs on top of the house. A boat comes along and he’s told to climb into the boat. He says, no, no , God is going to save me. Finally, a helicopter comes along and they lower the net to rescue him. The man says, no, no, God is going to save me! Well, the man drowns and goes to heaven. When he gets to heaven he says to God, "why didn’t you save me?" God says, "I sent the sheriff, I sent a boat, I sent a helicopter, what more did you want me to do?" There is a point at which we have to take responsibility for our faith. When God sends a helicopter, you have to climb in. So, action is a part of faith and prayer as well.

HOW TO TAKE POSITIVE ACTION

Success begins when a person develops the right inner attitude toward himself and toward the world based on the Word of God.
“You can decide the outcome by your attitude.” It is wrong to blame the world and to expect it to change. Life will hand you some lemons!
Only when your thinking is transformed will your world change. The “right attitude” involves seeing the world primarily as it could be by faith and not as it is. The “positive thinking person” is the “on the mental and spiritual path to a successful life. Even if things look dark don’t get bitter, get better! What has been your mental attitude?


Second, a person needs the right attitude toward success. Successful people believe firmly in success, “they know that nothing succeeds like success.” They equally know that it is of primary importance to build one success experience on the other. Failure, on the other hand, triggers failure. Remember, success is never ending and failure is never final! Develop the right mental attitude about success. Success is God’s gift to you! You deserve success!

Third, people need the right inner attitude toward God. You must have a “mountain-moving faith.” This is faith that transforms the whole life. This kind of faith brings abundant life now. Jesus was the ideal example for such a faith and therefore the greatest possibility thinker “for he was Self-Esteem Incarnate.” Such vital faith leads to achievements, it defeats depression and it gives physical strength.
How can I get this right kind of attitude?
It starts with the insight that this concept works. I call it motivational Christianity. There must be a great willingness to accept this attitude and affirm that you are supposed to be successful.

“When faced with a mountain, I will not quit! I will keep on striving until I climb over, find a pass through, tunnel underneath—or simply stay and turn the mountain into a gold mine, with God’s help!
Robert Schuller

For more insight into motivational Christianity check out my video on affirmations by clicking on the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TX-UzF9maQ

___________________________________________________________


"Bernard is an excellent speaker with great content that will inspire any audience. Bernard is a real winner."- Dr. Ken Blanchard -Co-author of "The One Minute Manager

O. Bernard Smalls is a member of the professional Speaker’s Bureau International, an author, a motivational-speaker and a corporate coach with a focus on self-improvement, customer service, leadership and sales training. His motto is to deliver self-improvement products and services that are simply BS! belief systems.He presently resides in Phoenix, Arizona.

CONTACT INFO:
Email: gunghoguru@hotmail.com
Phone: 602 791 9710
www.obernardsmallscompanies.com

No comments:

Post a Comment